Sunday, April 5, 2009

Housekeeping

Well, I spent quite a lot of time today on housekeeping, mainly making it more JY-ish. You'll notice the changes. Especially when you couldn't find your way here after I changed the link. Anyway, today my cleric makes a guest appearance presenting Lenario, Guild Alliance Admin! *Clapclaps!*

I

1. 'Tell me about what guild union is.'

Redundant word. Remove one of them, and things should be okay. I would go with 'Tell me more about guild unions.'

2. 'How can I create guild union?'

Try 'How can I form a guild union?' Form seems to go better with a union, and simple grammar involving the article 'a'. Yes, I know I overlooked it above. It's just that there's not much point pointing this problem out all the time. It's especially rampant in Maple. And that's already an understatement.

3. I want to create guild union.'

'I wish to form a guild union, please.' More polite too.

4. 'I want to expand the number of guild union'

Ignoring the mundane grammatical mistakes, the statement seems to imply changing the total number of guild unions there are. The real meaning of expanding your guild union to include more guilds seems rather hard to see. How about 'I wish to expand my guild union, please.' Same rationale as above.

5. 'I want to break up the guild union.'

'I wish to disband my guild union.'

 
After selecting the first option above, 'Tell me about what guild union is.'
  
The next screen 
And next
And last

1. 'Group of many guilds join together as one group is called guild union. I'm in charge of managing guild unions.'

A classic example of Maple grammar. Fail almost everywhere. As I will say a lot, my work is cut out for me.

'Is your guild not enough for you? Wish to be part of a bigger, yet still as close, unit? Band together with other guilds and form a guild union! I, Lenario, manager of guild unions, can help you do so!'

F3. What's wrong with a little artistic license? If I just corrected the mistakes there would be no fun.

2. 'It requires at least 2 guild master joind as a party in order to create guild union. Party leader will become the guild union master.'

Forgetting plural forms! *Shakes head* And spelling!

'To create a guild union, you must form a party with at least one other guild master. The party leader will become the master of the guild union.'

3. 'Once there are 2 guild master, than you need 5,000,000 meso, which is the service fee to register the guild union.'

Spelling mistakes. Tsk tsk tsk.

'The participating guild masters must also raise 5,000,000 mesos, which is the registration fee for a guild union.'

I suggest that this be merged with the former screen.

4. 'And one more thing! You can't create the guild union if you've already joined other guild union.'

'One last thing, although it's really quite basic. You cannot be part of more than one guild union at a time, so you cannot be involved in the formation of a new guild union if you are already part of one.'

Okay, after this most of the other dialogs were okay, or at least I think so since I didn't take screenies of them. But there's one more...

From 'I want to expand the number of guild union'

'Only guild union master can extend the number of guild can join.'

I got this message because I was not a guild union master when I clicked on the option. But at least I discovered it. Whatever it means of course. Let me make it clearer.

'Only the master of a guild union can increase the quota for the number of guilds in a guild union'

This has to be a generic message, because the Maple engine will display this message to everyone who is not a guild union master.

Well, that's all for today! Look out for more, and the site will be looking much better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment